Originally Posted by SDHNTR
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by bwinters
The narrative on Rokslide indicates exactly what you say - the first scope failed, Maven discussed with members of RS, changes were made, scope #2 sent back for test, scope 2 passed.

But it's easier to come up with a conspiracy theory.

LOL.

No changes were made and members of Rokslide had no input into the internal design. That's not a "theory".

But I know Maven is selling a lot of the RS1.2s.

Maven sells quality optics and got trashed unfairly by Formy on the RS5 test. Ron Avery had the exact same scope and drop tested it and hunted with it before handing it to Formy.

Originally Posted by Ron Avery on Rokslide
The results are interesting and puzzling to me and the reason I wanted a standard test. I dropped this scope a bunch at 12" and saw no shift. I also shot a bull with this scope at 906 yards. The only difference is my total rifle set up is 8.5 pounds and I think Forms is around 12 pounds.
So in one case, two different people “tested” the same scope in two different ways, and came to two different conclusions. Then in another case, one of those people tested two different scopes with the same test and got two different results. Ok, not odd. Different people, different scopes. Seems reasonable to me to experience different ending results. Where is the Conspiracy?

Just a second there!! You are throwing logic into the discussion - how rude.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.