Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by NH K9
Originally Posted by MOGC
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
There is no scenario in life where I would ever call a LEO for assistance.

Go ahead, call for help, just don’t be surprised when you end up dead.

If you ever have to use justifiable deadly force against another human, would you call the police? Are you going to shovel and shut up? What if a witness calls the police and police start arriving near you? Are you going to play nice with the police or are you going to flip out into your usual paranoia and “defend yourself” from ending up dead?

What if you are in a situation where deadly force is not warranted, say you witness a vandalism against your vehicle in a parking lot. What are you going to do?
Use deadly force anyway? (See above.)
Forget about it? (Your insurance company would want a police report.)
Beat the miscreant up, take restitution in the form of his personal possessions, and leave?
Make a “citizen’s arrest,” throw the guy in the back seat of your car and try to book him into the nearest jail?
Throw him in the back seat of your car and lock him up in your basement to serve out his time?

You really need to step away from the Internet and whatever news sources that you rely upon. They are giving you a warped sense of reality, where the exceptions are your perceived norm.

Suppose he should have the misfortune of being seriously injured in a vehicle accident and happens to be gushing blood from a life-threatening wound when the officers arrive on the scene and begin patching him up until the ambulance and EMT's get there 10-30 minutes away. Do you think steve4102 is gonna wave them off and refuse service?
If I was seriously injured in a vehicle accident and was able to make a call, I would call for assistance from the Fire Dept/EMT , I certainly wouldn’t call for a cop.
You’d be calling for emergency services and, in many areas, are going to get a cop first.
You’re going to have the intellectual honesty to ask them to focus solely on the LE portion of the collision and not render aid to you and your family though…..right?
If they send a cop to direct traffic, so be it.
Excellent.
At least you are willing to let your family bleed out in front of you rather than let that copper render aid.
I’d wager that the reality would be a bit different, but at least you are hypothetically willing to suffer for your beliefs

Last edited by NH K9; 04/06/24.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�