Originally Posted by firstcoueswas80
Next time anyone finds an XD for $300, please send it my way. For that price, I'd put one in a go bag with 300 rounds of ammo and forget it.

Back in about 2004 or so, I bought the exact model XD, in OD green in .40 SW. That gun is ALWAYS on my hip when in the woods. I have hiked hundreds of miles, killed unknown number of rabbits, a couple coyotes, dispatched a couple of wounded coues deer etc. In that time, I have had probably a dozed other polymer pistols of all flavors in an attempt to "upgrade", but I no longer have any of those, but I still have old trust. I love the gun. In fact, if I was given a choice of what to carry at work, I would carry my XD-40 over the mandated Glock 47.

Thanks for sharing your experiences.
This was a purchase sight-unseen, other than a few pictures, but considering my past experiences with this particular FFL I wasn't at all concerned. Last night after picking it up I brought it home, and upon field-stripping it the barrel appears to have very little sign of use, based on the lack of bluing wear. It's the original barrel with serial number matching the frame. The gun itself is simply spotless; not a scratch or mark to be seen anywhere. Upon removing the foam liner in the case I found all the original paperwork and factory-fired shell in it's little manila envelope dated 2009. It would seem to be very much worth the 280 bucks invested for a house and field gun.

Originally Posted by Slavek
I shot one at the range, they are OK. Unless you have lots of .45 ACP ammo I would pick .40 S&W because it will offer comparable performance at reduced ammo cost. They practically give these away. For example, Cabelas Woodbury has SiG 250 for $220. Used extra mag or two should not cost a lot extra. The DA trigger on those is pretty good and one is much less likely to shoot their foot then with P320.

First of all, this wasn't a post asking for caliber advice but rather a question regarding the model of gun itself. If I'd really wanted another .40 I would have looked for another .40.
Second, as a handloader the least of my concern is whether or not I "have lots of .45 ACP ammo" on hand. If I need more ammo....just walk upstairs and crank out some more...problem solved.
Third, my LGS wasn't selling a Sig P250 for that sort of price, they were selling an XD.

Originally Posted by ldholton
I had that exact XD model at one time. shot plenty good not any issues with it at all. it is a bit big to try to carry all the time concealed. I guess if a guy wanted to get real picky and critique it the higher bore axis would be probably one thing many would mention. it's been too long ago since I had mine to be real precise on comments.

Yes, I have other options for CCW and certainly am not planning to use the XD for that purpose. This will likely just be a reasonably good quality, low-cost nightstand gun and/or something to strap on my belt while walking the woods or working on my property. And yes, besides the overall size, the high bore axis is the only other thing that seems to be of any "concern", if a person wants to call it that.