Originally Posted by MartinStrummer
Were TSS less expensive, I'd probably be all in......but it isn't! Can't help it. I'll just continue to shoot 2.75" #8's. That's my go to.

My BIGGEST problem with TSS is that so many people talk about it like it's magic. Too many unscrupulous (you KNOW they're out there) hunters take the "magic" to heart.
Rather than take the time and effort to get a bird into range, they will rely on the "magic" and try ridiculously long shots.
I've killed several birds that had #4 and #5 shot embedded in the back of their legs. The result of idiot hunters delivering "parting shots" at the back side of retreating birds! 😉

A lot of assumptions in your post. I use it because its the best thing to take out there. I'm not fortunate to have a ton of chances at turkeys so when the moment does happen I wanna know I have the best in my gun...whether its 10 yards or 40 yards. People were taking hail mary shots at turkeys well before tss was out. I wonder how many turkeys were wounded when the longbeard shells came out and everyone was in love with them. You think I'm worried about a 10 dollar shot gun shell after all the money I spend on gas, property taxes, tractor work, seed, fertilizer, etc, etc. Nope, that's my least expense when its all said and done.

I will say taxidermists hate the stuff, it wrecks the heads to where most are unusable. They get credit sending heads in to offset material costs.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by killerv; 04/09/24.