Originally Posted by Dude270
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by Dude270
LRF-Wise, the sigs make my geovids look sick. The glass is definitely a lot better in the leicas though.

That being said the glass in my 8x32 sigs is plenty serviceable for my needs
What are the distance ratings of the Sig and Geovid you're comparing?

Jordan,

It may not be a fair comparison because my sigs are 6k rated and my leicas are 2k. I notice a difference a lot closer though.

The leicas do well in good conditions out to 900-1000 yards for me, though they are noticeably slower than the sigs. Past 1k the sigs pull away.

The big difference I see is that the sigs are a lot better in bad conditions, as Stick said. A foggy or hazy day really makes the sigs stand out to me.
Thanks for the info. The stronger laser that is typically used in RFs rated for greater distances helps with signal strength in all conditions and at all distances, so it’s not surprising that a RF rated for 6k yards performs better than one rated for 2k yards. I have owned several Sig RFs rated for 2000-2200 yards and multiple Leica RFs rated for 2000-2200 yards, and there was no comparison in RF performance- the Leicas were miles ahead.

I am glad to hear from both you and Stick that Sig has a RF that performs extremely well in the 6k model.