Good Morning!

I just acquired this 1980-81 M77 chambered in 25-06. It has the tang safety, but, I’m not sure why it seems to have a stock that isn’t on other models of the time. It has fancy embellishments on the stock inside the checkered areas, that I’m just not seeing on other models. The only other online rifles I can find with the same stock appearance and embellishments are labeled as ,” Lenard Brownell of Al Beisen” customs. I’m not seeing any marking that these rifles have, however, but the stock seems identical to Al’s stocks.

I think we all know who Brownell, is. What I DON’T know is if this is an aftermarket stock, or, if it’s a hacked rifle? The stock is beautifully polished and of a wood grain that is pretty stunning. It also has a compensator that, while I’m sure it’s aftermarket, is machined to look as OEM as they come. It was either factory OR, done by an excellent gunsmith, or someone with skill. The bore is like new, and I can’t find a blemish on it anywhere, really. One small scratch that takes some time to find, in the right light at the right angle.

Can someone help me identify what I have? Unfortunately, I can’t get the rifle off the 8-day,”If it was stolen and sold to a gun shop” NC hold until tomorrow.