The 129 grain SP I have used over the last 30+ years took a caribou at 415 yards in the early 90's and it expanded out there pretty well when started at 2900fps in a 6.5 Rem Mag. It also killed very well with caribou at closer range right down to 50 yards. In my newest Remington 600 it shoots better groups than anything else and is averaging well under MOA out to 425 yards at the range. Only 2775fps in the 18.5" barrel but it shoots really well. I haven't tried the 130 Tipped Game King the original poster talked about but 130 grain Sierra HPBT hunting bullets shoot almost as well as the Hornady with the same powder charge of IMR 4831. I am less confident in the ability of the Sierra HPBT bullet to open up consistently at long range based on previous use however. The 140 grain Speer Hot Core is also a shooter. Twist is a relatively slow 1-9" in the old 600 but those Remington barrels seem to shoot really well from that era! It isn't doing as well with anything with a plastic tip but I think that has more to do with rifle variability than twist rate, as some of these bullets worked well in other 6.5 Rem Mags in 600 and 660's and a Ruger from the past. You have to try them and see it seems.

Last edited by North61; 04/13/24.