Originally Posted by 4th_point
Gentlemen,

I'd be grateful if those with bullseye knowledge and experience, would be willing to provide general pointers and suggestions for someone interested in a true "bullseye capable" pistol. Not just a good shooting iron, but the real deal for 50 yard competition.

I was originally looking for a 38 Master, and may still buy one, but the focus now is a 1911.

• I have a .22LR, that I will upgrade first
  • I don't own a single 1911 now, and only had an old Colt rattletrap for a very brief time
  • Will probably use a red dot, unless there is a compelling reason not to
  • Not sure that I would actually compete, but I do enjoy informal "precision" rifle shooting, and do intend to shoot 50y
  • I also like to tinker, and might be capable of fitting parts and am not opposed to buying some tools
  • I'd like to do the upgrades with my kids, and have them see what if any improvements are made
  • I'm also not opposed to learning with a decent base 1911, and sending it to a top BE gunsmith either
  • I am a handloader, and have made some very good 45 ACP loads for revolvers
  • Budget - open, but might end up with several pistols depending on kids' interests!

Any recommendations for books?

Websites? I've been reading at Bullseye-L Forum.

Organizations or clubs?

I have come to realize that there are many very fine 1911 makes/models out there, but they are not necessarily suitable for BE no matter the cost. I've also been intrigued by the mechanical design of the 1911, that suits it to BE shooting. Very cool stuff, and I am excited for this "journey".

Thanks,

Jason

I had my wad gun built by Dave Salyers, he builds a fine wad gun for a fair price. Go buy a TISA 1911 the ones they sell for $329 bucks. Send it to Dave Salyer, he puts Kart NM barrel, Kart NM bushing, does a trigger job, tightens slide to frame, puts rail and optic on it. Mine cost around $1200 to have done and this thing will shoot tiny groups like you want at 50yds. You will have it back in less than 2 weeks. Far as ammo go buy Zero 185gr SWCHP or Zero 185gr HP use either bullseye or wst for powder and use whatever large pistol primer you have. Preferably if you can find them or have them use federal. Every bullseye shooter will tell you the key is to dry fire, dry fire and dry fire. Also to shoot two handed they have to be NRA sanctioned bullseye matches. If you need Dave Salyer's info shoot me a pm I will give it to you.

Forgot he test fires them using a ransom rest and will tell you what he shot in them far as loads. I think mine was shooting 1.2 inch groups at 25 yrds.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.