Gentlemen, let me start by stating that I am an AR novice. I've had one(or two) for years but never really got into them enough to know anything about how they work, especially in the suppressed form.

That said I recently ordered a CMMG Dissent in 300 BLK and last Friday it showed up at my FFL guy. Friday evening I got it setup to shoot and yesterday afternoon I took it out for a test run.

First shot was with a CGS Hyperian K and Federal subsonic 220's. The second shot wasn't happening as the 'bolt' got 3/4 into battery and stopped. I pulled the charging handle back and the shoulders of the unfired cartridge had little indentations in them and the chamber was filthy dirty with gritty residue.

Cleaned the gun as best I could and repeat the same scenario. Cleaned it again and pulled the can and it shot okay. Action was still gritty but it functioned 90% of the time for about 30 rounds. The 'bolt' would hangup every so often but I think it was just because the action was still dirty.

I am thinking I need to open up the adjustable gas block to help the action work better suppressed but the amount of gritty residue was insane.

Several youtube vids show guys shooting these 'pistols' suppressed without issue so I'm wondering what in the hell is my problem?

Any ideas and advice would be much appreciated, thanks.