I was thinking about this stuff yesterday, seems like there is not much bystander, law abiding citizen pushback or intervention. So I ask myself...what would I do if I saw something like that attack go down? Even at 78, I'd like to think I would intervene...but since it's doubtful how effective a geezer would be toe to toe with a 16 yr old thug, probably jacked on meth, I'd need to tip the outcome in my favor with whatever I happened to carry that day. And therein lies the problem...the DA is going to use my response with a weapon (equalizer) as disproportionate force...from what I can gather from past headlines, the law makes no distinction as to physical ability in a conflict...and although the law doesn't mention color, that would automatically be a strike against anyone who would dare to intervene. It seems to me the law enforcement deck is stacked heavily against anyone who would want to do the right thing.
Once again as in many of my posts...is there ANYTHING the government does well?

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.