Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
I am in the process of doing a custom build. I ordered a Douglass barrel with the following specs: 1-8 twist, #2 sporter, four groove barrel. Caliber will be a 6.5 X 55 swedish. Any idea on a certain grain/ weight you guys would recommend?

From a practical stand point, if you are building the rifle as "an all arounder", and you are building on a Pre-64 with standard 3.4" magazine box, go with a standard throat and don't worry about the minutia. 6.5x55 standard COAL is 3.000". With a 3.4" magazine box, you have plenty of space to tweak the bullet seating depth across a number of bullet weights, styles and lengths to accommodate the standard chamber throat. I am a light weight in this crowd. I have only had 5 or 6 Douglas barrels fitted in the past 20 years. All have been more accurate than me. All have been easy to work up an accurate load.

Ignore the "noise". Have your barrel fitted. Work up an accurate load. Go kill chit. Enjoy Your Project !

Even with the available room for length adjustment, I still believe the geometry of the throat can be improved upon.

Orion is a fhuqking CLUELESS Drooler,talking out her ass. Hint.

Now as to Douglas spouts,one could do worse,but they tend to be soft and others will certainly wear better(have had dozens). That being said,the OP is blathering Pipe Dream Delusions,in regards to a Fantasy Rifle,which will never exist. Hint.

A plethora of Hurt Feeler Reports,will never begin to skew simplistic Facts and th constant that COAL/Throat Geometry/RPM set the stage and Drool don't grease the skids,if only fhuqking obviously. Hint.

Just sayin'.............

Rickety,

For context,simply cite how many times a day you think about me,as you scour the internet to steal pictures and "live" vicariously...you 'lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon the splendors of Reality,as you Dream aloud,from your Couchbound Kchunt. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

It's been an EPIC last coupla days. Hint.

Will be well over (100) fish,by the time my pard's jaunt is over and he's RUINED for life. Hint.

Keep reading along and soaking in the Splendid Pixels,to escape suffering being you,if for only fleeting moments. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."