Originally Posted by brittguy16
I recently de-coppered the barrel of my old .243 Rem M700 using Montana Extreme. Fired a 3 shot fouling group with Winchester Deer Season 95 gr loads that printed 5/8 of an inch. Then 95gr gr partitions in a handload over 41gr of H4350 that “grouped” at 3 to 4 inches. What the hell???

Was the handload something you previously worked up, or something you just threw together? Your OP is a little vague. Thread title talks about "decoppered 243", and then you state your rifle shot a 5/8" group. No info to go off of as far as I can tell.. You are either telling us you shot 1 3 shot group from the factory ammo, then moved on to the handloads. There's not statistical basis to go off of there. Shoot some 5 shot groups with the factory ammo. If you are still shooting 5/8", your rifle is good to go. You should be able to best any factory made ammo, with a tailor made handload. That is if your rifle likes the bullet you are using.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA