Originally Posted by xphunter
Originally Posted by Trystan
I've had excellent results with hornady eld-m bullets in the 6.5 creedmoor. I'm thinking about trying berger with a bullet pointing die but man are they expensive.

Goals?
Comp shooting? If so, what type?
Hunting?

Comp shooting. I have a Tikka CTR 24" set up in a Bravo KRG chassis. I'm thinking PRS or something similar. My rifle is right at 12 lbs and I'm not sure what weight restrictions are

We also have a lot of local things we do with a group of us so always on the search for improvements. On the list at the moment is I'll be trying a few different firing pin springs, possibly the berger bullets and it would be nice to find a few forum members who are doing some competition shooting in Montana, Idaho, or Washington that are interested in meeting a Montana boy who new to competing

Typical 5-shot group at 100 yards with the 140 M's is half MOA or better?

As a local group we shoot at 1000 yards a lot and with some lots of the hornadys it's hard to get the vertical really tight due to inconsistent bullet lengths. I'm thinking possibly bergers and a bullet pointing die to true up BCs. We are a pretty competitive group of shooters and I'm always interested in expanding my knowledge. Basically I'm bored and I also want to win at our local fun matches. I basically posted the question to see what others have found at longer ranges with berger vs hornady

Well, you have already figured it out then...Try the Berger's and other boutique bullets.

I use Hornady for a lot of things, but if I want the tightest consistent groups possible at distance on paper (1K BR and F-Open) or steel, I will use Berger or a boutique bullet.

Example: F-Open 180 Hybrid and F-TR started with the 200 grain Hybrid, then moved to the 200.20X
My lightweight 1K bench pistol (Batman) 105 Hybrids
My heavyweight pistol used to run 180 grain JLK's. Different chambering now and I'm running the 190 LR Hybrid

Thanks, much appreciated! That's what I was looking for

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field