Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Yes, advertising works on me. While I seldom watch commercial television, when I do, I try to be very "DEI" aware. Specifically "I" - Inclusion. I make mental notes to NOT BUY anything represented in a commercial that does not include a straight white male in a non-subservient role... "Inclusion" cuts both ways...

What are some of your "must avoid" companies?

Top of the list, former employer. Procter & Gamble. They were "WOKE" before WOKE was thing. Now, they just double down on stupid stuff. Can be tuff to do without since P&G's business strategy is to be #1 or #2 in whatever market segment they compete. But, can be done.

Most recent was Carhartt uninsulated vests. Went to their website and drilled down to vests, uninsulated. Intention was to get a Style/SKU that my local Carhartt retailer could order in for me. Within my search parameters, of the ~12 items shown, zero models with European heritage. I went with Ariat. And I sent an email to Carhartt corporate and my local Carhartt retailer explaining my choice.

If straight white men went after DEI with the same fervor that the BLM and LGBTQ folks did, the whole issue would be MOOT in short order...

Last edited by Orion2000; 04/21/24.