I've been shooting critters with handguns since the early Fifties and definitely prefer iron to glass for aiming. Critters ranged from mice to moose (inclusive). Handguns (that I can remember) included .22 Long Rifle, .38 Special, 9mm Parabellum, .357 Magnum, and .44 Magnum -- more than one of each. Haven't shot handgun silhouette with any caliber but have shot targets as small as .22 LR empties and thumb tacks. Experience with iron sights and small targets definitely "enlarges" all larger targets and reduces hit zones -- especially when you hunt with a rifle.

Couple of months ago, I popped several eastern Montana prairie dogs with a Taurus .22 LR revolver with a 12-inch barrel (iron sights). Some were head shots -- only the head showing above the mound. One was a measured 87 yards. Some were farther -- none a lot closer. Missed a lot, too, of course, but anything bigger than a prairie dog is likely to be in deep doodoo at any reasonable distance if I can perch him atop my Patridge.

I believe I can shoot better with iron than with glass. Should run an actual field comparison some day, to see for sure.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.