I was looking over the Benelli line of auto shotguns, and see that the Black Eagle is favored by many hunters. I had been eyeing the M-1, which can be ordered with camo finish and a 21" barrel, which I prefer for handling in-and-out of a vehicle all day, going from one calling stand to the next. The Black Eagle is heavier, more expensive, and not available with a 21" barrel. The Black Eagle comes with 3 1/2" chamber, where the M-1 comes with a 3". But it seems that the longer chamber was designed to accomodate the lighter shot, like steel, and still have room to get the desired heavy load into the shell. And the 3 1/2" ammo is not available in BBs, #4 buck or #1 buck, the best shot sizes for coyotes. (And I do not handload shotshells.) So is there any reason to get a gun which handles the 3 1/2" shells, if the primary purpose is coyote hunting? [Linked Image]<BR>-------------------------------------------<BR><B><I>Critr</I></B><BR> <A HREF="http://www.SaguaroSafaris.com" TARGET=_blank>www.SaguaroSafaris.com</A>

Critr