Anything with a mouth big enough will eat that fly. You need an eight weight to throw it though. You can troll them and jerk the rod to make it dart. I tie them on a #1 stainless. I also tie Clouser minnows, ditto with barbell eyes and epoxy head surf candy. A chartreuse and white Closuser with a peacock hurl over the top is the fly here for schoolie stripers.

An interesting note: we have ponds along the coast with herring runs, and the State intentionally breaches the ones along the shore to let the herring in to breed and out once grown. Well, the stripers follow them in. They do just fine in the ponds, and can live their lives out there or follow the herring out in the Fall. It's neat. I had a Summer on one where I was bass fishing with 10" black jelly worms and picking up 4-5 pound largemouths and I hooked a big Striper that towed my canoe around until he straightened my 6/0 worm hook. I got a couple more rides, got a 3 footer to the canoe, and it added a whole new dimension to the fishing knowing they were there.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson