JJ,
This is about as comprehensive an article I have ever read on terminal performance. I wish you would have had some experience with the Swift Scirocco's too. I have settled on the 7mm 150 S2 and so far I love it. Like your apprehension with the Tsx, I too have an apprehension with the Scirocco. My brother in law shot an Axis buck with a 300 Wby at 40 yards with an S2 180 loaded to 3200 fps. The bullet did not penetrate and I recovered it in the 2nd "grass sack". Someone here commented that if the grass sack was full, which it was, that hardly any bullet would penetrate that from a frontal brisket shot. Still the bullet penetrated roughly 20". I have it here and it weighs exactly 80% less than what it started out as. It entered the front right shoulder, splitnered the joint, the bone fragments cut the top of the heart off, punctured a lung, made mince meat of the liver, penetrated the first stomach which was STUFFED with wet grass and came to rest in the second stomach intestinal tube.

Thinking like you, I considered that had the animal took off, tracking may not have been optimum. I'm still gonna use them until they give me a reason to quit though. Although, with that much damage he wouldn't have gone far. The shot spun him 360 degrees around, he stumbled to the ground, got up to run but hooked his antler in an old roll of fence wire which held him down for the roughly 3 seconds it then took for him to expire.

Anyway, after years and years of countless articles from gun magazines, which I haven't purchased since 1990, this is one of the best reports I have seen on the subject.

I, too am a recovery bullet junky. Keep up the good work.

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.