For waterfowl, I use a 12-gauge Beretta A390.<P>My upland guns are a 20-gauge O/U and a 16-gauge SxS.<P>Which gun is better? Can't beat a 12-gauge for waterfowl where gun weight is not a problem. But, for the uplands, where the gun will be carried and gun weight is important, a 16 or 20 will generally come in with the lighter weight gun. That is their advantage over the 12. <P>1-ounce to 1 1/8-ounce loads will handle most upland hunting situations. In fact, the argument could be made that 1-ounce loads, with the appropriate shot size, will handle everything in the uplands.<P>I doubt that there is little 'practical' difference between a 12, 16, or 20 gauge upland gun shooting 1-ounce loads. Assuming the gun fits you properly, it come down to gun weight. Light enough to carry all day without fatigue, yet with enough weight not to be whippy.<P>Thus, to my mind, the 16-gauge has a slight advantage in the uplands for its lighter weight than the 12 and its larger bore than the 20. [img]images/icons/crazy.gif" border="0[/img]