Like Nate, I bought a 391 competition trap model at a Cabela's Gun Room last year. I'm often shooting 100 rounds in an afternoon, and every year my shoulder complains a bit more... I notice the recoil, even though my trap guns weigh about 9 pounds, and all have a big Kick Eez recoil pad on the butt stock...<P>Since all of the 391s have a 3" chamber, I was hoping to also use the gun for waterfowl.<BR>Unfortunately, even with the adjustable butt stock, I couldn't get the stock down where I wanted it, and I also needed additional length. So I'm building a new buttstock, modeled on my other guns. I'm 6'2", wear an 18 1/2 - 37 shirt (2XLT), and I've had to do major stock work on all of my guns, so this hasn't been all that unexpected.<P>The recoil from the 391 is noticeably less, even though the gun is a pound and a half lighter than my other trap guns. (I immediately put a big Kick Eez recoil pad on the butt stock.)<P>I think it's a great gun, and if you're closer to average size, you will probably be able to adjust the stock for a fairly good fit.<P>Now, all you have to do is find one Good luck