Here's what Don had to say in the latest Feb. 2008 Hunting Report about Global Rescue.

"Global Rescue
Welcome, New Corporate Sponsor
I am pleased to welcome a new Corporate Sponsor this month, Global Rescue. The company provides medical evacuation and, if appropriate and necessary, field rescue services for members who travel 160 or more miles from their homes. I�ve written extensively about Global Rescue in the past, telling you why I think they provide the right emergency back-up service for hunters who travel. In my view, they have re-invented the business of medical evacuation coverage by taking seriously their obligation to provide the service they promise. While most of the firms offering this service are marketing organizations with a rolodex of air ambulances, Global Rescue has created a state-of-the-art operations center that can move rescue and evacuation assets around on a global scale. The operations director is a former Force Recon Marine Corps Major. The staff who works with him is comprised of former Navy SEALS and Army Special Forces personnel. The contact hospital is Johns Hopkins. The medical coordinator there is the same person who picks up the phone if a Secret Service agent or BATF agent is injured in the line of duty and needs evacuation. This kind of organizational infrastructure explains why a member of a competing organization had to call Global Rescue recently after an accident in Peru left him gravely injured deep inside a canyon. The traveler�s medical evacuation provider told him he would have to get to Lima for help. Global Rescue had a helicopter in the canyon the next morning and saved his life.
I�m proud to have Global Rescue aboard, and I hope you will give their services a good look."

Personally, I used TravelGuard insurance when I went to Zim last year. Fortunately, I never had to use their services. However, I was a little leery that they could actually help me get out of the bush if I were injured, even though they assured my on the phone that they would. However, if you read their policy, this type of service becomes rather vague, with a lot depending on how they happen to interpret your situation. Through my research, it seemed that MedJet would only help you fly back from an established airport to a hospital and then to the US from a city hospital or airport and not much else, so I didn't think their services were quite what I wanted. At the time there was still some uncertainty about Global Rescue being an established company with the proper infrastructure and organization, so I didn't go with them either. In any case, I think now with Don Causey's endorsement, I would have to seriously look at them since, on the surface, they seem to be the best set-up to deal with any situation requiring evacuation. I haven't looked at what they would charge for this type of insurance, but it would be interesting to see how they compare to others and how their service features compare to the others.

Test