Nice thing about AR's is that you can interchange uppers with lowers. If you decide to buy an upper totally dedicated to this or that, you've got the lower to do that with. If you want an upper scoped for long distance varmint shootin' and in a longer barrel.......your choice.

I've had such good luck with my Bushmasters that I have 3 complete AR's. Nice to have 2 identical Varminter rigs with same powered scopes for familiarity purposes. More importantly, in case I can't clear a malfunction of some sort in the field, I have a backup. Barrel gets too hot, change AR's. Too many rounds downrange and I don't want to take the time to relube, grab the spare. Get back to the motel, take care of the AR's (lube or whatever), you're ready for the next day. Makes a trip less eventful that way. Mechanically speaking, uneventful is good. My 16 inch "shorty" stays at the family home where its duties are dedicated to more the 2-legged variety of varmint.

About TrophyHunter - always there to help and a nicer guy you couldn't meet. He's genuine in his offerings as well.

Last edited by magnumb; 02/20/08.