MD, your comments on hide issues are well known by me. I've seen lots of Swift Aframes under the skin of Zebra and Wildebeest from a 375HH, and have had that same 165gr TSX exit on nearly identical shots.

So when folks talk about cartridges the only way to keep the conversation Apples and Apples is when all the variables are the same. That means the same bullets as well. One reason why the whole thoery of SD is out the window today when comparing a high SD bullet of Cup and core construction to a Lower Monometal constructed bullet.

There is a significant impact reaction difference and the effect a higher velocity 270 grain bullet at 2800fps has on bigger animals then the slower 300 grain bullets. Lower it further to the 9.3 speeds and it's even more dramatic.

I read somewhere that Barnes has gone so far as to suggest that the 270TSX trumps the 300 TSX for penetration with the much higher velocity. This goes exactly along with my thoughts that one should shoot a light for caliber TSX bullet, rather then heavier.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)