Acy,

Just thought I'd chime in here. I don't know if you read my post about my .338-06 that Al rebored for me. But the 1st 3 shots for group went into .695" outside to outside. Minus .338 = .357" Now we all know that his barrels shoot.

Concerning your dilemma: The .358 Norma is a good one but the drawbacks are that there is only one factory load available. 250 gr. RN. And most .35 cal bullets are meant for less velocity that the .358 Norma puts out. Basically your are left with the 250 gr. Nosler part. the Barnes x bullets and factory loads. Choices are limited. I would vote against the .358 Norma for that reason.

The .375/.300 Win. is fully the equal of the venerable H&H, but you realize there are NO factory loads availble and there are not going to be. However bullet selections if far better than the .35 cal.

About the .338. There's is nothing I can say about that that you don't already know. YOu now have my $.02 worth FWIW...the9.3Guy

"As you walk thru life, don't be surprised that there are fewer people that you encounter seeking truth than those seeking confirmation of what they already believe!"