If this is true I am deeply disappointment and saddened. Apparently it is true because it is posted on their website.

Apparently it is against the rules to carry at all boy and cub scout functions unless you are an LEO. "Just" being a citizen is not enough.

This really upsets me because it was through Scouting that I had my first contact with firearms. It was through scouting that I learned the motto "Be Prepared". It was through scouting that I learned citizenship.

Apparently those citizenship values are not what I thought they were, or perhaps they have changed. To have the boy scouts teaching by example that only the military and police should be allowed to carry a firearm, they make the normal citizen the equivalent to a serf.

Their position - that only the police should have guns - is little different than that of the anti-gun folks. What good is training kids to use a gun if their policy is against carrying of guns by adults? Teaching about firearms while sending the message that we should not carry them is akin to making the second amendment a hypothetical right.

I had been looking forward to my son entering the cub scouts in about a year and a half. I was also just about to write a big check to our local scouting organization. Apparently I am going to have to re-evaluate. If they are this PC on concealed carry, it makes me what other PC ideals they endorse.