Exceptional article, I have been reading and researching binoculars for awhile now. Being of the poor boy syndrom I have been trying to find a good pair for about 250.00. Well after alot of research and comments from people I settled on a pair of Olympus Magellan EXWP-I 10x42.(They have an exceptional reputation for cameras and microscopes) I know they are not the 1000.00 bino's but for me I was impressed with the clarity, clearness, crispness and fast focus, even the edge to edge clarity was good. Not everone can afford the high dollar stuff and just because it cost a 1000.00 does not mean that they are not quality. Price and name bias seems to be evrywhere today. You can get a good product for less that can preform exceptionally well. One person made a comment to me that really made me think , he stated that being such a novice to optics I would not be able to tell good glass from the bad glass.

" A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him" G.K. Chesterton