Here is a subdued and understated project...

[Linked Image]

Pushfeed Model 70 short action, Pac-Nor 1-8 twist, 23" in featherweight contour, chambered in .260 Remington.

[Linked Image]

McMillan stock, in a pattern made for Hill Country Rifles. The 23" barrel is certainly longer than a 260 Remington needs, but the stock has a long forend, and a shorter barrel would have looked out of proportion.
The stock is currently the standard 13.5" LOP, but I built this rifle hoping that my wife would like it, so the stock may get shortened quite a bit.

[Linked Image]

Leupold 6x-42mm scope in double dovetail rings.

[Linked Image]

Williams one-piece Oberndorf floorplate assembly. Both the floorplate and action are just rough fit at this point. I just wanted to see how the parts looked put together.

Total weight of the rig is a smidge over 8#, with very nice balance.

Redneck on this site did the barrel job and the whole project took 6 weeks. Part of the time was spent waiting for it to get warm enough to do the bluing, or it would have been back sooner. The nice thing was that we were in PM contact the whole time working out details so that we were in sync on the work being done and the cost. That was a pleasant departure from waiting months and months without a word from the gunsmith on progress, only to have it arrive with either different configuration or cost to what you had expected.