I have used the ID MK1 XL and MK3 tents almost exclusively for the last 20 years since they started making them. They'll ice up and frost when it's cold but in above freezing conditions they are always great. I can't say I ever have condensation problems even with 2 people. I think they work the best when kept sealed as much as safely possibe and as warm as possible because that's what forces them to breath. Venting just lets in the cold air for condensation. I was going to make tents way back in the 80s but did not bother after I discovered them and became a dealer for ID. I get them with 2 small doors and don't bother with vestibules. The small doors keep the heat in better during in and out and vent much better in summer heat. I would like to see ID start using tunnel entrances too but it's easy enough to get a single door and have a tunnel put in the other end or do it yourself - can double as a vestibule. I've never had an e-vent version either. In winter it's a good idea to use waterproof breathable sleeping bags to keep the frost from soaking into especially down bags.

Last edited by McHalesNavy; 04/02/08.