LSU,

Affirm,on the polished micarta.

Initially entertained a handle with more gripple,but after seeing the knife in this state in a picture,I wanted it pronto.

Couldn't say with a straight face,that this version is as positive in defeating slime,as say the jigged/beaded variant. Can say that I've lotsa time on handles constructed of similar materials that were smoothly polished(various Buck patterns in particular) and have no real issues concerning those aspects.

Would say that the aesthetic appeal outweighs the loss of traction(for me),though a blade of that size is very easy to control in any situation.

Gonna give him a shout here directly and see if I can get a #4 drop point in a like handle configuration,wearing cocobola. I prefer the ergonomics of the Bird & Trout handle's shape,to that of my #4. The smooth radius turns me on more than the slight finger grooves. Subtle differences,but if a guy can have his cake and eat it too,he may as well do her up.

I'm sooooooooo pleased.........................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."