I bought a pair of 200 gram Pronghorns a couple of years ago and have been nothing but happy with them.

I also don't care to purchase boots online, but there is a HUGE Cabela's store on the east side of the state so I tried some on first.

I am glad I went w/ the Danners, as the next in line was the Cabela's line that look just like Danners... sounds like you guys had and hated 'em.

The boots I had before these were actually hiking boots... Vasque Sundowners made in Italy and held by Red Wing. For warmer weather hunting like turkey season and small game they were awesome, but uninsulated with steel shank was suicide in cold weather. Still, they're incredible boots that have given me 10 years of service.

As for the politics of American made boots, we'll see what happens with Ron Paul at the convention. If he doesn't run it sounds like those who want to make a principled statement will have to vote third party and "throw their vote away".

I'd personally rather "throw away my vote" than give it to any of the big-spending liberals we'll have a choice of in the two parties...