Brief as per your questions, got to get hay equipment ready to go today.

NimroRx - I'm fairly certain what was wrong with my G2 1st barrel: A combination of things = 1/20 twist cut too deep. sabots not suitable for high pressure charges, and the lack of components available at the time to experiment with different combinations for .45cal. The bore seemed to be smooth enough and cleaned well.

As for the rifles you mentioned I would have no idea to their performance. I did buy 3 of the Wal-Mart blister pack deals for friends I knew who wanted the black diamond (not the XR version). This from three seasons ago. they were .50's and shoot sabots very well.

The G2 duplex I shot in the .50 cal. barrel, during the time frame Precision first offered them. The 195 shoots the best, and carries more energy. The first group with that barrel was one of those spooky things you occasionally get with a OTB product. I had to set a backer paper behind the firt target to prove to myself what I was seeing with three shot groups. This with a 2X8 at a 100. Don't recall ever checking twist, was no need too, but it is shallow rifling cut visually apparent. And the sabots for it were the experimental configuration that Del Ramsey formulated for some guys researching for a .45 and .50 sabot at high pressure, or flatter shooting powder charges. Believe Del found away to harden them for the higher pressure, or simply a plastic recipe that would work. I really have no idea how they perform in a .45 cal. fast twist.

As per your rifes, you might compare the rifling depth to your buddies barrel to see any difference. It is visbile to the naked eye if clean barrel. Would suggest if you think your barrels OK, to start loads in the neighborhood of your buddies for comparison.

The only projectile components available to try at the tme of the 1st G2 barrel, were limited to choice. It appeared mostly to me sabots were the critical point for failure of the system to be accurate, and the fast twist had a secondary bearing on the destruction of sabots.

Underclocked is right about the recoil. The .45 will knock the snot out of your with those "magnum" charges in the .45. Another reason I put the .50 on the G2. I have a Gonic barrel for it, and can not keep from splitting forearms. Even steel-bedded forearm, and still splits the wood portion.

Hope this made clear on your questions, and your project works out OK!!!