I'll report back on the McMillan stock, although I am betting the price will make it a painful addition if anyone is thinking in terms of a not too expensive conversion.

As noted, the carbine stock really has too much drop to get a decent cheekweld. I modded the bolt to allow lower scope mounting, and have Burris medium CZ rings on it right now. Even with the lower mount, the cheek weld is less than ideal, but I picked up a Bob Allen cheek pad with pouch for $10 at Sportsmens warehouse and that has fixed the problem for now.

It looks like there might be a problem with the big eyepiece of the Zeiss interfering with the bolt, but I won't know for sure until Monday.

I should have a range report next week, as I am waiting on ammo to be delivered.

So far I am impressed enough with this rifle to already be contemplating a super compact for my son. It will probably be 16.5 or 18 inch barrel with a lighter profile, in 6.5 or possibly 6.8.

If CZ-would make this rifle in either of those calibers (plus 7.62x39) with a light composite stock and a light, carbine barrel, we could have a factory mountain carbine that would run around 6 pounds with scope and loaded.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.