doc .
i would say from the barrel markings its mid to late 19th century "1800's"Belgium. i would lean more to later then earlier .
most likely a lower end import piece .
as near as i cant tell " the pictures aren�t to clear on my end " the barrel control marke is Liege IE Belgium. but the Liege mark is one of about 1811 use right on up through about 1890 something .this also could have a crown on top during this time . this is the mark that is a circle with ELG and a star inside .

JLF is probably the barrel maker , sometimes the inspectors would also mark their initials . The other markings on the barrel are actual bore size at time of inspection . that�s the 18.4 .
The rest would be proof marks and provential markings .
During this time frame , the barrels were made separate. Locks to . They would be sent to an assembler or gun smith and put together into a piece .
If your real lucky on the locks will be a name or other markings on the inside that may help narrow it down some .
However these were also made for a market so anyone�s name could be placed on the outside of the locks . Everything from the importer to a company name to even the original owner , you just cant tell .
Inside however should be also markings that would help

hope that gives you a start but frankly i must stell you that tracing down the actual maker of one of these is almost impossable

Last edited by captchee; 06/01/08.

[Linked Image]