Originally Posted by Seafire

funny, I get flamed by one crowd for using fast powders in cartridges for reduced velocity and reduced recoil loads.. then I get flamed at time by others by complaining my loads exceed what they found in some manual...

goes to show, some of us work with our rifles and find out what we feel is safe.. those that disagree with it, criticize it... so don't use it if you are from that school..

Seafire. Nobody here flamed or criticized. And yes I realize you noted that below, but you seem overly sensitive to even being questioned.

but each rifle is an entity onto itself.. and I have worked up loads, and then when I find it safe in my rifle, I compare it to what I find in manuals.. sometimes it is lower than their listed max, and other times it can be faster, and use more powder..

some people experiment with handloading, and some are afraid to deviate 1/2 of a grain of slow powder even, in a large case, from what is listed in some manual...

On this, you and I agree 100%

I don't criticize them, and think they should consider the same in return..

this wasn't aimed at Albertan above.. he posted his response with respect... but as soon as one person questions a load compared to a manual.. half a dozen come out of the woodwork...and I am heading the usual critique off at the pass..

Why are you so sensitve to being questioned or even critisized? Take it for what it's worth, which is often from those like you noted above, those that think whatever is written on the page in the book applies to every rifle made...which is worth exactly next to nothing!

War Damn Eagle!