I have a original Ruger tang safety RS. A twist of 1/16" works if the velocity is kept high enough (RPMs are what count). No problem with 250 Speers and RL-15. I have also found accurate loads with Rem 200 PSPCL, Hornady 200 SP, Sierra 225 BT, Nosler 225 BT, 158 lead RNFP, Varget, H4895, Blue Dot, etc... Overall I liked RL-15 the best, as do many others, but am still going to try TAC with the 200s.

A friend I hunt with has a Remington Classic in 35 Whelen. I reload for his rifle as well. Both my Ruger and his Remington have been equally accurate, essentially able to use the same loads, which makes life simpler.

Recoil off the bench with my Ruger is more than people expect with the light barrel. Not noticeable in the field but a bit much to shoot 50 from the bench all hunkered down and leaning forward... I use a taller bench or lower stool and a sissy pad for development.

The Ruger RS has iron sights in addition to the scope although I did switch to a XS receiver sight setup. Fun to use and handier to carry when I don't need a scope.

Not really any bad choices, just too many good choices. My $.02 - get the one that makes you feel warm and fuzzy when you bring it to your shoulder.