Congrats on your tag, it's a pretty good one. How many points did you burn?

First off, you WILL need to rejet your rhino for the altitude. I can talk to my buddy who's going out there with me for archery opener. He's got a rhino we took last year. They are invaluable, but can technically be illegal on many ATV trails (50" width maximum on ATV only trails, IIRC). Up to you if you want to take the chance. Also don't forget to get a Colorado OHV sticker for your ride to be legal (Again, IIRC, around $25 last year). Our rhino saved us about a 1.5 mile pack out with a big cow last year.

Google earth can be another invaluable tool for scouting. You can really find areas that look 'elky', then figure out where to park and walk in from. Don't forget the easy to get to, obvious, areas... you may be able to post up on the escape routes and allow other hunters to push the elk to you early in the week, then hunt the hard to get to areas later in the week. The week of scouting prior should put you into the bulls opening day.

Post on and search the forums on monstermuleys... those guys are big-time serious about their deer and elk hunting. You'll pick up some more tips there.