Guys:
I have not thought about stock style yet, but will probably go with something on the more modern side. The wood has been under the bed for years drying, and I'll probably just pick a stock from another of my rifles, do a tracing, and start carving.

As to the cock on closing issue... Is there some technical advantage or accuracy deal associated with cock on opening? Without some real justification, I don't really care.

I'm not a real collector yet and got this unit to shoot and use. That being, it's getting the bolt handle job, being set up for a scope, and having the front sight chopped. I'm hoping it's an accurate unit, as I'd just like something a little different from todays commercial units to pack around.

I will admit though that I did just recently start my arms collection. At least that is what I told the wife. "Yes, dear. This one is an investment, not something I plan to use." Her comment was "You expect me to believe that!" The first piece is a pre-64 Winchester Mod 70, that will remain unaltered.

I would appreciate thoughts on the cock on closing deal.

1Minute

Last edited by 1minute; 07/18/08.

1Minute