Couple of decades ago I was loading for myself and several family members. Everyone was shooting either 30-06 or 308. I bought a box of 1000 150 Grain Core-Lokts to use for everyone. Well over 100 deer, elk, and antelope kills later it must have been a OK choice. We butcher our own, and meat damage is better than some of the so called Premium bullets with terminal results seeming as good or better than I have read here and there in these forums. As far as accuracy goes I have several different makes of rifles in several calibers that will ALL shoot MOA or better with those reasonably priced Remington bullets.

Go buy whatever makes ya feel good and you feel confident with, it;s your money, gun and hunt, and I will stick with what works fine me. I just don't buy into this fancy-dancy superduperX100special bullet is what you hafta have or your waisting you time. Remington and Federal spent a lot of time and money some where around 40 years back figuring out what is needed for good clean kills and are still making them and their still fine.

Learn when and where to shoot your game, use a bullet made for the job at hand, and you will be fine without costing 2+ bucks a bullet.

Last edited by 700LH; 07/28/08.