LSU;
Well, I went to three dealerships yesterday trying to do exactly what you suggested but with little success. BUT the guys at the off road custom shop pointed me to the Navistar authorized repair and I went there, Grimes in Frederick MD. They showed me the Navistar belt tension pulley they had on the box, THEN, I went directly to Ford again and looked carefully at theirs, nib. The Navistar was a LOT beefier than the Ford. Later I met a diesel guy who works on the big rigs and he told me they only buy ford parts from Grimes and never from Ford because Ford pawns off second rate parts as factory originals at top dollar, WHICH-- seems to be exactly what has been happening to me. I also found a recall on the all.data.com website that pertains to belt alignment. So thanks very much one and all for the help.

Next time TOYOTA! I learned my lesson. I am kinda pissed at Ford right now, considering how dangerous it is for that belt tensioner to break while in traffic. God Forbid, it should break on the highway at 65 mph and you lose power steering without warning.

I used to be a big Ford fan, but what I saw really educated me. AND they denied there were any recalls on my truck but all.data.com listed about 7 safety recalls and 7 or more general recalls. Ford either was stupid or stonewalled me.