Jim,

I have three 9.3x62 rifles. Also, two 9.3x57 and three 9.3x74R's. One of my rebored x62's is a Ruger #1-B that was formerly a .270.

Altho' I have long lusted for a 9.3x64, In truth, I cannot find enough advantages over the x62 to even seriously consider it. Cases are only made by RWS. Dies are custom order only... All that trouble for likely less than 100 f.p.s. advantage over the 9.3x62. (Not to mention odd bolt face dimemsions and odd shellholder...) The 9.3x64 cannot match the performance of the revered .375 H&H, but it can come close. But in truth, the .375 is fairly overpowered for North American game. (with the possible exception of the big bears... )

Sometimes common sense and virtual reality should prevail over emotion. But hey! Who could ever claim that rifle looniness should be logical. smile If it were, It wouldn't be any fun. smile

The 9.3x62 will do everything the .35 Whelen will do and more. (And about 95% of the .375H&H)

Grasshopper

"As you walk thru life, don't be surprised that there are fewer people that you encounter seeking truth than those seeking confirmation of what they already believe!"