OK, just got back from the range. The rifle did great! My mission was to fireform 100 cases that I'd loaded with some Laser Cast LFN's that I'd crimped gas checks onto and lubed with Lee Liquid Alox. Used W748 (28 grains) for around 1800 fps - good fireforming load. Here's a target that shows a 50 yard 5 shot group and 5 of the formed cases:

[Linked Image]

I'm pretty happy with that group given that this was just a random load.

The rifle functioned great though I did experience two failure to fires - looked like light primer strikes... not sure what's up with that but will pull the pin and clean it and it's recess thoroughly.

I'm now ready to load the Speer FN hotcores up - probably going to use Varget as that seems to be the best performer. I'll post the results after I do that - won't be for a few weeks though...

ETA - I just remembered - I loaded those fireforming loads with RP magnum primers - because I have a bunch on hand and figured that they'd work fine for this chore... I'm betting that's all it is - they are definately harder than standard ones and I won't be using magnum primers for my normal loads for this...

Last edited by OSOK; 09/07/08.

NRA Endowment Life
NAHC Life
MOLON LABE!
OCS 120th MP BN MSSG