I remember them all, guess I must be getting old!

Do you remember singer Jane Morgan. She and her personal assistant hunted with us last year and will return next week to have at it again. She is a real sweetheart !

My wife and I look forward to her return visit.

[Linked Image]

Here are pictures of Jane and her personal assistant Steven Gilbert from last season...........
Florence Currier (JANE MORGAN) was born in Newton, Ma. on May 3, 1924 to musically talented parents. Her father, Bertram Currier was a cellist with The Boston Pops Orchestra for 25 years. Jane's mother, Olga was a concert singer and pianist. Later named JANE MORGAN, Jane was a very popular performer on radio, which was a very popular medium at the time. Jane was graduated from Julliard and found that getting a recording contract was hard-going. Later, Jane was persuaded to try her luck in Europe. Seems Europeans were hungry for American music and especially for beautiful talented blonde singers. In no time, Jane was the toast of Europe. She sang in just about every major club. In no time, Jane was fluent in French (she had taken 4 years of the language in high school, but the real test came when she lived and worked in France). At one time or another, Jane has recorded in German, Italian, French and of course her native English. Finally Jane decided to go back to America and was 'discovered' all over again. Jane headlined at all the major supper clubs and did summer stock. Dave Kapp was fortunate enough to catch Jane's club act and signed her to his new record label, KAPP RECORDS. At first, Jane Morgan and Roger Williams were the only artists signed to the label. In 1956, they had a top 40 with "Two Different Worlds." The following year, Jane scored a top 10 with "Fascination." From then on, it was all top tv shows, nightclubs, summer stock and hit records for the beautiful blonde. Jane left KAPP RECORDS in the early '60's and went to COLPIX RECORDS which was owned by Columbia Pictures. Jane had a few hits with the 3 lp's for that label. Then Jane went to ABC RECORDS to record a lovely collection of songs. The lp was titled, A JANE MORGAN HAPPENING." Then Jane went to EPIC RECORDS and recorded 4 lp's. Finally, Jane signed with RCA RECORDS and recorded 2 lp's. Jane's final collection for RCA was recorded in Nashville and had 2 top 40 songs. Today Jane lives with her husband, film producer, Jerry Weintraub and their 3 daughters. This year, Jane did a show in Las Vegas and is still in demand. Jane receives loads of fan mail.

Here is pic of Steven and his 9 point management stag.

[Linked Image]

Two days later........................

[Linked Image]

Here is a picture of Jane and Steven with a 300+ lb red deer female.

It was a wonderful experience for both Jane and our staff. She is a real down to earth person who was great fun to be around. Jane and her personal assistant Steven and Registered Maine Guide Tom Holt set on stand for three hours before this big female appeared with several other females and a big breed stag.

Prior to the female moving past their box blind they saw several big stags,numerous management stags and some fallow bucks. She glassed these animals and was amazed at their beauty. She was also impressed by their size compared to whitetail. Some of the stags she saw would tip the scales at over 500 lbs. live weight.

After the female was harvested they then realized that this female was as big as a huge whitetail buck. Live weight put the animal at over 300 lbs.

The weather held off until the female was down and then the rain began. I gave Jane a ride out of the preserve on my 4 wheeler and my wife was waiting in a warm vehicle for which Jane was real pleased to see. For the next three hours my wife and Jane had coffee and chatted about just about everything from dogs to her close friendship with George and Barbara Bush. Jane has a summer home in Kenebunkport near the Bush compound so they see each other often.The Bush's will partake in a red deer feast in the near future and we will hear how they like it.

It was a very special day spent with a very delightful icon of the Frank Sanatra days.Her personal assistant Steven was Frank Sanatra's assistant until his death. He has been with Jane for seven years and he has traveled all over the world at her side.

Jane would like to return again next year and for someone who is in her 80's she is extremely spry. She walked the 1/4 mile to their box blind unassisted and could have gone further!

Truly a day to cherish for life. smile

P.S............Jane bagged two pheasant the day before our hunt and confessed that this was only her second hunt and she is hooked!

It just go's to show that if you have the desire and the health that it is never to late to begin hunting!

Hunting the "Roar",
Mark Luce