A while back I posted about my dad luring me into an elk hunting opportunity. Well I'm going as some of you know and through that initial post there came to be the offer by j elky to allow me to take this knife along with me that he had been working on. I do not know the story of the knife but i received the knife today from forum member & fellow Minnesotan Jeff "j elky" and it looks amazing!!

I have a few pictures here to post of the knife. I really hope that Jeff finds this thread & shares with us all the details of how the knife came to be & what he has in mind for it. For now i think if I understand correctly it is to become sort of a traveling 24hour campfire knife that is to find its way along on many hunts with our very own members traveling abroad for what ever sort of game... but I'm getting too far ahead & I feel it's best to let j elky determine the future for his creation.

Here is the knife. I really like this type of sheath, but I'm not knife savvy enough to speak too much about it, we'll let Jeff tell us about it.
[Linked Image]

here it is out of the sheath, very cool huh?
[Linked Image]

these next 2 shots are attempts at a close op of the campfire logo on the blade.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

There you have it. here's the posts from the previous thread that initiated the trip for the knife. It initiated the honor I have of being the first to take it out on an adventure in the field.

Thanks so much for that Jeff.

Hey Dave,

Any interest in taking along an unofficial 24hourcampfire knife?

I bought one of the blades that was offered here last year. I finished the knife, just didn't make a sheath yet. Your welcome to take it along, use it as you wish then send it back to me when you get back.

Let me know........Jeff

Heck I'm game. have you got any kind of a sheath it could go in for now or i wonder if maybe i got something it would fit well enough in?

Dave,

I'll make a sheath for it next week and get it sharpened up. I'll send you a PM when it is ready. When you get back we'll have to try and find someone else to take it on a campfire hunt.

Jeff

alrighty, let me know when you are ready & I'll get you my address. I'll send it back to ya when i get back.

How cool is this everybody?

Jeff, please tell us about the knife. Also now that I see it, i'm afraid to use it :crazy" Are you sure jeff? and if soo.... hos much are you comfortable with? (i have a little common sense, i'm not going to cut knee & hip joints apart with it, I'll use one of my own knives for that grin)

But what I mean is, what about blood? are we worried about the beautiful handle getting stained?

Ya gotta tell me or I'll be afraid to use it...

grin

Dave

Something clever here.