Not to argue, but to clarify my point.

#1- no idea about the ackley, I followed dad's procedure when I was 10, and thought that was what he did.

#2....

Regarding chambering, and verbage to-wit. A go-no go I believe usually allows .005" of tolerance between shallow and deep cut. My method/ suggestion was not for an out of spec chamber, and you are correct about getting it fixed by the smith..

My method of getting 20+ firings out of brass is to make a piece of brass that doesn't allow the initial stretch for a short case ( every piece of brass comes shorter than the short chamber spec, otherwise new brass would not fit all production run guns, which it does.

I have had great success, for bolt action rifles, by oversizing the neck .015", and as stated above slowly tighten a backed-off fl dieset to slowly reduce the neck until the brass closes tight in the chamber, then load and fire it. If it ever gets too tight, which I have never had happen, you can turn the FL die in and set the shoulder back for a looser fit in the chamber.

Sorry if I step on any toes. Too many reloaders think setting FL size dies hard against the shellholder is the way to resize brass.

Allen