I load 180 grain Nosler Partitions to a velocity of 3100, according to both the Hornady and Sierra handbooks. I can't see the need for any other cartridge for hardly anything in big game.

Elk are supposed to be hard to kill. My one 6X6 was DRT with a shot through the lungs, which took out large segments of two ribs, BTW.

Wildebeeste and Zebra are supposed to be hard to kill. One shot each and they ran a few yards, falling over dead. Last month I killed a 5000 pound hippo with this load, one shot in the back of the skull from 50 yards, after wounding it with a .458 and running out of .458 ammo.

My rifle is super accurate. The barrel is 26" and it weighs under 8 pounds with scope and sling. After Hill Country Rifles accurized it, it consistently shoots under 1 MOA.

The barrel is stainless and the stock fiberglass. It has gotten rained on in Alaska with no effect. I would not hesitate to use this rifle with 200 or 220 grain bullets on Alaska bear, by the way, or on African Cape buffalo if that were legal.

It's the all-around big game rifle.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.