Good! I will let anyone who cares to use a pushfeed rifle..

I personally will never use one for dangerous game again! I have seen them fail every year both for PHs and for clients..and the worst thing about them is they will fail at the worst possible time it seems.....I was chasing buffalo and while ejecting a spent round and loading a new one, it fell out and I snapped it on a bull at very close range, fortunatly a good PH saved my bacon with his double.

I understand a control round can fail, I know a double rifle can fail, mostly because of user failure, bad handloads, etc. it seems, but it is made my man and anything mechanical can fail...

I have never had a "tweeked" control feed rifle fail me..therefore I will continue to use them...

BTW, Finn Aagard and Harry Selby both used mostly control feed guns, and they understood the CFR was the better of the two...Harry used a pushfeed for a short time out of necessity, after he had shot the barrel completely out of his pre 64 Win. Finn had a pushfeed that he liked but he had some Mausers and pre 64s also and preferred them. I have had many a good conversation with them both.

I have no problem with a pushfeed for hunting non dangerous game or varmints..they work just fine..I just like the right tool for the job at hand.

Last edited by atkinson; 12/01/08.