stubblejumper,

Is this due to the design of the 4.7 engine? I don't presume a timing belt can break otherwise we would hear alot more on this.

To recap, I went to look at the 2005 Tundra with the 4.7 engine. It looked pretty good except the bed looked like it had been worked over. But the truck itself looked clean. I decided to wait a week and go back and probably buy it. This is the first time I sat in and drove a Tundra. Had good power and is probably all I need as I don't haul alot of heavy stuff and maybe down the road if I got na ATV this could handle the ATV.

This morning I checked their website and it is not showing on their website. Looks like its gone but will wait until the end of the week and try again. I know this Tundra was on their website for at least 2 months or so. Sometimes a dealer will remove the listing from their website and autotrader and wait a few days and relist to make it appear they got it etc. Of course, if it sold then Ilost out on a fairly good deal.

Been thinking maybe I should go for a 5.7 Tundra since the gas mileage is the same for both the 4.7 and 5.7. So I will keep looking.

Heck...even my wife liked it and she told me at the lot "you better get it or it will be gone"... laugh

One thing I found out is they are 218" long...which is 18 feet long. My garage is about that long lengthwise so I have to move some chit in my garage!

Thanks for your help.