Schlum--

There are a lot of differences between the Legend and the Supergrade that my limited photography skills cannot convey. First, there is much more detail and crisp lines on the Legend that makes it a more visually interesting stock. Second, the Legend has cast and toe out, which makes it fit better and line up with my eye more readily. Third, the shape of the forend is significantly different. The Legend is quite oval, while the Supergrade is more triangular (wider at the bottom with more distinct corners.)

There are people who would prefer one over the other. I would not presume to tell someone what stock to like. But I spoke with Mark Penrod about a project, and his preference for a stock for a bigger gun is a Legend. If that is not an option, then the Supergrade. That is an opinion that carries a lot of weight with me. Since you are a new poster, in the interest of full disclosure I will tell you that I live in the same town as D'Arcy and consider him a friend. Whether that creates a bias in my views of his stocks is for other people to judge.

My purpose with this thread is not to pimp any one stock. But a lot of people (like John in Sweden) might need to purchase a McMillan without ever handling it. Wait at least 6 months, and then it arrives. Maybe it was what you were dreaming about and hoping for, maybe not. So if the comparisons in this photo essay help people out--particularly now when there is a lot of ordering activity going on because of Rick's sale--then I'm satisfied.