Actually, I fear i am deeply going to regret selling this rifle. But I've shot it very little, it's takin up space, and it needs to be in the hands of a man who will hold it in his hands more often, preferably as the hunting tool it was intended to be. The buyer of this piece will grin from ear to ear like I do whenever I pick it up and, I kid you not, your friends eyes will light up every time they handle the piece. I bet this was built by Braxton 12-15 years ago and have often wondered what it would cost to order another--expensive, I bet. I am passing it along at the same price Kettlecamp gave to me, which was the price he paid for it. This rifle is on its second butt stock (also from Braxton). Kettlcamp, on his AZ mtn lion hunt, apparently dispatched the mortally wounded lion by trapping the cat's neck to the ground and administered the coup de grace with a long bladed period knife. The cat, said Braxton, took an immediate disliking to the experience and bit the original butt stock severely. Colorful story for a colorful rifle. I like the piece of wood that graces the rifle now.

I have the Black Powder Magazine issue that featured this rifle back in the day I saw it when I phoned Kettlecamp to inquire about purchasing it. I'll send the magazine on to the purchaser.

I think I'd frankly be much happier if no one bought this rifle and I "had" to keep it.

Anyone who is seriously interested ought to see the rest of the photos. They are hi res and you can see the craftsmanship.

Last edited by JohnDeere; 12/21/08.

JohnDeere