9 3 Guy,

This was my idea. I suggested a BPCR section rather than Single Shot because BPCR has almost nothing in common with the usual Contender, etc. stuff that you typically find in single shot forums. There was a real lively BPCR group on Shooters before it went belly up. Also, there are BPCR groups in Yahoo and MSN, but you have to register to post, and I don't find them very user friendly. There seems to be a lot of interest in BPCR, judging from the number of rifles that people are buying. In certain parts of the country BPCR silhouette is very popular.

I'm pretty much a beginner. I have a Browning high wall .40-65 and a Pedersoli Sharps .45-70. One thing I have learned is that a new BPCR shooter has to have a large dose of humility. No matter how much you've learned over the years shooting modern rifles, it doesn't translate very well to shooting black powder cartridge guns. It's a whole new learning experience. We'll see how much interest this section draws. I appreciate Rick's setting it up.

Paul